As a regular Google Sheets user, you know just how important it is, but that doesn’t make it easier to deal with its challenging nature. Even if you’re not diving into the most complex formulas, handling a lot of data on Sheets can be time-consuming. But worry not, as we now have AI tools to make things simpler.
Using AI tools for Google Sheets, things get easier as you can automate various tasks in Sheets. Moreover, using such tools also results in enhanced accuracy when handling data, quicker data analysis, simpler accessibility of data analytics, automation of redundant data tasks, and better decision-making.
So, if you want to experience these benefits, we’ve curated this list of the 11 best tools to leverage AI for Google Sheets. Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
Best AI tools for Google Sheets
Ajelix is one of the most powerful AI Google Sheets tools that help to simplify formula explanation and creation, template generation, spreadsheet translation, and other Sheet automation.
Ajelix comes packed with useful features, such as its ability to finish typical Sheets tasks almost ten times faster, and it also works with Excel. Plus, there are features like Google Sheets Script Explainer, Formula Generator, and Google Apps Script Generator that streamline most Sheets tasks seamlessly.
- Ajelix is a massive time-saver as it automates most of the tasks you’d do manually on Sheets, like creating formulas and charts.
- Ajelix ensures error-free work as it checks scripts and formulas for syntax errors.
- The tool can also help you learn new things about Sheets as it offers tips and tutorials in real time.
- Ajelix encourages seamless collaboration as you can freely share the scripts and formulas it generates.
- While there are no such cons of using Ajelix, one must remember that it’s not a replacement for Sheets as a whole.
2. Simple ML
Simple ML is one of the best AI add-ons for Google Sheets you can avail of today. A product of the TensorFlow Decision Forests team, Simple ML is designed to make machine learning accessible to one and all.
From predicting the missing values in a sheet to manually evaluating, training, exporting, and interpreting models to Colab, Simple ML uses and simplifies machine learning to predict, forecast future values, identify data abnormalities, and detect patterns in your datasets on a Google Sheet.
- Simple ML is extremely simple to use and suits people of any skill level. It comes with a simple interface and various built-in templates and tutorials.
- Simple ML offers seamless accessibility as it’s integrated into Google Sheets, meaning you don’t have to use any additional software.
- Simple ML offers various features for model training, data exploration, and prediction, including model selection, prediction evaluation, data cleaning, and feature engineering.
- While Simple ML is useful, it has limited capabilities when compared to other ML software packages. Hence, if you are an advanced user who performs complex machine learning tasks on Sheets, you may consider an alternative.
3. ThoughtSpot for Sheets
ThoughtSpot for Sheets is another AI tool to use in Google Sheets, which is simply an add-on. This free add-on creates data visualizations automatically and helps you search Sheet data in a natural language search. Hence, you don’t have to worry about the hassles of using v-lookups and endless loops of searching for answers online.
This tool is feature-rich, to say the least. The recent update has added additional chart types, pin to Slides and Sheets features, and AI Insights, which is a highly promising one. AI Insights highlights anomalies and correlations that you may not know to look for in your sheet.
- The ability to query data through natural language eliminates the need to know complex syntax or formulas when using ThoughtSpot for Sheets.
- The tool offers AI-driven insights by automatically analyzing your data and identifying patterns.
- You also get easy-to-use visualizations through automatically created graphs and charts.
- The tool keeps data up-to-date, offering real-time updates to maintain access to all the latest information.
- ThoughtSpot for Sheets is mainly designed for smaller data sets. If you’re dealing with large data sets in your sheet, then this may not be the best option.
- This add-on is a paid one, and may not be affordable for all users.
If you want to seamlessly import data, you need Supermetrics. This AI tool for Google Sheets is especially popular for its marketing analytics, as it integrates with all prominent SEM, social media, SEO, PPC, and advertising platforms.
Supermetrics is more than just a tool. It’s a complete suite of data connectors that will let you connect 700+ data sources and pull data directly into your Google Sheet. It comes with a range of features, including data visualization, manipulation, and analysis.
- Supermetrics is extremely easy to use. It has a drag-and-drop interface that will easily let you connect to data sources, create reports, and schedule refreshes.
- It’s a powerful tool with features like data filtering, sorting, aggregation, charts, pivot tables, and custom formulas.
- Since the tool is already integrated with Google Sheets, you can create visualizations and reports without leaving Sheets.
- Supermetrics can be slow if you’re dealing with large datasets, especially when refreshing data.
- It’s a paid tool with pricing based on the number of data sources you need to connect to and the reports you need to create.
New to AI tools? Attend the Be10X AI workshop to understand how AI tools work and master them to become a star professional. Learn more here.
5. Zoho Sheet
If you’re looking for an AI tool to create collaborative sheets, check out Zoho Sheet. The tool lets you create sheets with an AI-driven data analyst, an automated data preprocessor, and over 1,000 integration capabilities.
Zoho comes with powerful tools, including a dynamic pivot table, 40 different chart options for attractive data visualization, the built-in data analyst Zia to automate data analysis, and conditional formatting. Additionally, the tool offers automated data cleaning and processing to eliminate human error and inconsistencies.
- Zoho Sheets offers advanced features that extend the usability of Google Sheets and simplify performing data-related tasks in it.
- You also get robust collaboration tools that make it easy to work with others on your sheets.
- Zoho also comes with offline access and has a mobile app to let you access and edit sheets on the go.
- Zoho Sheets has a steeper learning curve than other AI tools for Google Sheets. Hence, if you’re a novice, look for easier alternatives.
Coefficient is designed to automatically import your desired data into Google Sheets. As such, it’s an excellent tool for eliminating the frustrating need to export data manually and rebuild stale dashboards. Using this tool, you can automatically sync your sheets with existing business systems, hassle-free.
Coefficient simplifies the very first step of data analysis and handling on sheets. Ask any professional, and you’ll know just how difficult it is to pull the data you need into your sheet. Using this tool and its powerful add-ons, you can pull all the data you need, create desired visualizations, and put these visualizations right into your client presentations.
- Besides a wide range of add-ons, Coefficient comes with a robust AI functionality, GPT Copilot, which builds formulas, pivot tables, charts, and SQL queries automatically.
- Using this tool, you can update your systems straight from your sheets.
- The tool comes with features to monitor data reports and KPIs via email and Slack, allowing you to receive daily/weekly updates, track new rows, and get alerts when cell values are changed.
- The free version offers limited usability, and the paid plans range between $49-99/month. Hence, Coefficient may not be affordable for all users.
7. Google Analytics add-on
As a marketing professional, you may find it challenging to always deal with Google Analytics dashboards, especially the new ones like GA 4. The solution? You can use the Google Analytics add-on in Google Sheets to easily analyze your marketing data.
This add-on allows you to directly import data from Google Analytics into your sheets. Once done, you can use the built-in tools to analyze web traffic, create custom reports, and even track KPIs – all while staying in your sheet.
- The add-on is very easy to use. You can connect your Google Analytics account within seconds and have the tool up and running.
- The Google Analytics add-on is a powerful tool as it lets you pull a wide range of data from your GA account, including conversion rates, user behavior, and website traffic.
- The tool is also highly flexible as it lets you customize the data you pull in, and even create charts and formulas for data analysis.
- While it’s useful, the add-on has limited capability as it doesn’t offer the same features the GA reporting interface does, such as the add-on to build custom segments.
- If you’re dealing with large datasets, this add-on can be slow in pulling all the data.
8. Lucidchart Diagrams
Another powerful AI tool for Google Sheets, Lucidchart Diagrams is built to provide secure and intelligent diagramming for almost any team. If you’re a programmer email campaign manager, or product builder, chances are you’ve already worked with Lucidchart, which is a diagramming app for data visualization.
This is the Lucidchart add-on for Google Sheets that works similarly. Using this, you can convert complex data into easy-to-read charts, create diagrams that portray a shared vision, and even organize your scrum teams. Lucidchart Diagrams is integrated with industry-leading applications like Microsoft, Slack, Atlassian, and Google Workspace, and even offers AI-driven features like AI Prompt Flow and a ChatGPT plugin to automatically create diagrams.
- This add-on is easy to install and use, and once installed, you can easily build diagrams within your Google Sheet.
- Lucidchart is loaded with various tools to create visually appealing diagrams through templates, shapes, and different styles.
- Since the add-on is already integrated with Google Sheets, you can create diagrams and readily insert them into your sheet without hassle.
- If you’re using large diagrams with various shapes, the add-on can be slow in loading and editing.
- The add-on isn’t user-friendly for advanced users who want more control over their diagrams.
SheetAI is a tool designed to fully harness the power of AI to get AI functions for automating tasks and generating deeper insights from sheet data. This tool only requires you to describe what you need in your Google Sheet cell and its AI will generate the desired output, similar to ChatGPT. There are various functions you can use for different use cases, such as SHEETAI, SHEETAI_EDIT, SHEETAI_IMAGE, etc.
Moreover, SheetAI comes with additional features like SHEETAI_BRAIN, a function that simplifies copywriting and lets you craft smart taglines for any app. Another feature is the SHEETAI_LIST function, which creates various AI-generated answers to pick from, allowing you to explore diverse solutions for your sheet data.
- The tool is packed with AI-powered features to automate numerous Sheet tasks and boost your productivity.
- It comes with a dedicated function to easily fill in product descriptions, generate dummy data, and clean up your email lists using AI.
- The tool also offers access to previously generated formulas for easy access when handling data in your sheet.
- SheetAI can be used for free, but advanced users may need to purchase its monthly subscriptions for extra features like using your desired OpenAI key, unlimited SHEETAI function calls, and more.
10. Export Sheet Data
Downloading individual sheets as CSVs and later compiling them is a tedious task for just about anyone. However, Export Sheet Data is an AI-driven add-on that simplifies this frustrating task.
After installing this add-on, you can simply navigate to your desired Google Sheet, open the add-on, choose your preferred file format (JSON, XML, or others), configure your settings, and export the file. Moreover, you can view and copy the file if you don’t want to export it. Since the Export Sheet Data add-on is open-source, you can even bring others to collaborate and enhance the add-on’s functionality.
- This add-on is extremely easy to use and you can start exporting your data within seconds of installation.
- Export Sheet Data is highly versatile as it allows you to export data in various formats, including XML, JSON, and CSV.
- You can also customize how you want your data to be exported, including its encoding, format, and delimiter.
- The add-on doesn’t come with all the features that other export tools provide. For example, you can’t use it to export data to specific file locations or export data from multiple Google Sheets.
11. GPT for Sheets
This list would be incomplete without mentioning how powerful GPT is. GPT for Sheets lets you use GPT directly in Google Sheets, allowing you to leverage AI for text tasks like editing, writing, cleaning, extracting, outlining, summarizing, and translating.
GPT for Sheets is very useful for writing translations or procedures, cleaning up lists, and even managing product catalogs in Sheets.
- The tool lets you automate data entry and manipulation through AI, reducing the need for manual work.
- GPT for Sheets can quickly generate scripts and formulas based on natural language instructions, making it easier to automate tasks.
- You can also use the tool for analyzing your sheet data and generating summaries, reports, and insights automatically.
- The tool comes with a learning curve and requires some understanding of GPT-3 and natural language processing.
- While GPT-3 is a large language model, it’s not perfect. Hence, there may be instances where the tool’s generated insights or output may be inaccurate.
As tedious as using Google Sheets can get, its importance can’t be denied. However, using intelligent AI tools for Google Sheets like the ones we’ve listed here, you can accelerate tasks and streamline your workflow to perform better in the workplace. And if you’re new to AI tools overall, Be10X offers comprehensive workshops to understand how such tools work, and how you can use AI tools to automate tasks in Sheets, Excel, and more.
If you’re new to using AI tools, attend the Be10X AI workshop to learn how to master AI tools to automate your Excel and Sheet-related tasks, hassle-free. Learn more here.